Friday, September 16, 2011

When should I start praying a Catholic Christmas Novena?

One of them online said December 16th, the other one didn't say.





I know lent is this weekend. Just wondering should I do the December 16th, for nine days. That would be in time for Christmas Day.|||you mean advent, not lent. Lent is 40 days before Easter.


Christmas is an Octave (8 days) I believe. Starting with Christmas Eve, and ending New Years Eve...or is that Christmas Day and New Year's day? Sheesh.


http://www.saintmarycathedral.org/The_Oc鈥?/a>


maybe this will help?|||I learn something new here everyday. Thank you. =)

Report Abuse


|||There is no set time. A novena is just a series of prayers offered on nine successive days.|||Novenas are typically 9 straight days.|||Like any devotion, start them whenever you know you'll have time to complete them. I'd suggest prior to Christmas because that week before, you'll be very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment