Friday, September 16, 2011

Christmas-What makes Christmas important to your family and your children?

What makes Christmas an important holiday for your family and children,


why do you do the things you do for Christmas?|||It's the one time of year we are all together. We are all off work/school for 2 weeks this year! I love that the children, even though they are teenagers, still look forward to daddy reading 'Twas the night before Christmas on Christmas eve. Then they have to sleep in the same room and watch the movie "Good Burger." Whichever one of them wakes up in the middle of the night has to restart the movie so it's continuously going. It touches my heart that the are so close.


I love the Annual Christmas Parties we host. One for adults and one for children. Getting our Christmas tree from the Christmas tree farm the day after Thanksgiving. Having a separate live Christmas tree in our bedroom and sleeping with the lights on. Everyone getting a new ornament every year. Shopping. Of course, I love the shopping! Baking and cooking traditional, as well as new, dishes. Yummy!


I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS! |||I think its just because its a time when my whole (extended) family is together. we usually have lunch or dinner at one of the family members home, there is usually ham there too :). After lunch/dinner we just talk and have a good time. I like christmas, because i get to see all my cousins etc.|||For our family Christmas is a time for the whole family to get together and also to help others that are less fortunate then what we are. A lot of the traditions that I do with my kids I did when I was a child and same with my mom and so on. Christmas is a time to open up your heart to others and to be thankful for everything god has given us. |||Bringing us together. Its the spirit of Christmas that has me wanting to lend a hand. Its now a peaceful time for me, to see me as I once was as a kid. Christmas is important to me, because its the time when I get to see my family, that I haven't seen all year . I do the things I do because of the spirit it brings.|||Its basically the only holiday where we all have a few days off,not aways but mostly.So family get together to share the past year and look forward to the new one,with good food,celebrations,singing,alittle work.We always have a big dinner,open gifts,watch Christmas movies,some go out looking at decorations and lights.A great way to end the year with all your loved ones together.|||There are several things that make Christmas an important holiday to me. I love having all my family home for Christmas...that is my favorite thing. It is also a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus...he is the reason for the season. It is also a special time for me to help the less fortunate. In my town they have a program which gathers food and delivers food baskets to less fortunate families and they also give the kids toys. People in the area donate their time and money to make this possible. They have auctions to raise most of the money. I always go through my daughters toys and donate toys to the children...it puts a very good feeling in my heart. I love Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment