Friday, September 23, 2011

When do you start making your own christmas cards?

Last year I started in early October but this year I have not started yet at all. I have all the stuff ready, just not got round to starting, them again I do have seven weeks to get started before Christmas day.|||It's so easy to procrastinate you feel like you have to make a bunch of cards. I would suggest figuring out who on your Christmas card list lives the farthest and starting making their cards first, so the cards get mailed to them in time.





Then work towards making cards for your friends and family members that live closer to you. That way you don't feel like you have to get them done all at once.





Remember, they will probably want to put your card on display in their home during the holidays for guests to enjoy - so keep that in mind!





Have fun!|||Not sure if you are asking when you should start, or when others start. I don't usually make my own cards, but if I were going to do so (and they had to be mailed) I think I'd get busy soon so they could be prepared and then mailed any time after Thanksgiving.





If you plan on handing them out or including them with gifts you don't have to mail, you've got more time of course but why procrastinate? The sooner you get them done, that's one less thing to worry about during the busy holiday season.|||I already started about mid October. I have several people who live out of the country so I have to get their gifts and cards out early for them to arrive on time. Plus, I always make a bunch of holiday greeting cards for the residents at our local nursing home and like to deliver them in early December so they can enjoy them for a long time. Listen to some Christmas tunes and you will get motivated to start making them. Works for me.|||It depends on how many you need to make. Last year I was making over 200 and started in January and worked on them off and on almost all year long. I did them in batches of about 24.





I've started mine but they are sitting waiting for me to finish them.





I have a lot of other projects that I need to work on that are gifts.





Time to get to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment