Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I clean an important Christmas ornament?

I have a felt dove with real feathers which came off my grandmother's casket arrangement from her funeral. It's just a cheap trinket but it's very sentimental to me and I put it on my tree every year so she can be with me on Christmas. It has turned yellow and needs to be cleaned. What can I clean it with and how would I do it without ruining it?|||Brush off any dust with a small paint brush. Mix some 3% peroxide with water (50/50 mix) and use a baby toothbrush to apply. The peroxide will whiten more gently than bleach. Just try not to get it too wet. If you have to do it a couple times, allowing it to dry in between. There's no need to rinse. |||Mild soap and water and use a toothbrush. Rinse well and let air dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment