Saturday, August 20, 2011

How close to Christmas do you start getting into the festive spirit?

For me, around the beginning of December.





I think the build up to Christmas is better than Christmas itself...|||After Christmas dinner, then I know I made it lol ;)|||november. get all ready early christmas shopping. recording all the christmas films and music videos. writing christmas cards. everything is the best.

Report Abuse


|||I would get in the sprit in november i get soooooooo excited!!!

Report Abuse


|||December 1st. I have this tradition of wearing a green and red Santa Clause hat every day in December and it really puts people in the Christmas spirit. Even random people on the street just love it, so I enjoy bringing them Christmas cheer.

Report Abuse


|||Same!


Some people are already exicted and it's only the beginning of November! =O


Everyone puts up christmas lights and trees, and all the shops put on christmas music and displays, there are advent calenders everywere, christmas cards....


Everything seems to start near the beginning of December!





=)|||I think that build up is better too. I love the hole excitement of getting people gifts and imagining their reactions. On Christmas day itself, after the presents are opened I'm not too happy anymore because of the family gather.





That spirit usually starts when i put up my Christmas tree which is usually a few days after Remembrance Day.|||Midnight Christmas Eve in church as a quite reflection on Life.





Wine and a bit of bread may not sound much of a party but it usually works for me to de-stress and realise Gods presence when all around may be in chaos and trouble seems everywhere else.|||It all depends. I usually get in the spirit around Thanksgiving or whenever they start playing Christmas songs on the radio and we get Christmas cards and put up the decorations. Who knows, today I'm seeing the Radio City Christmas Show, so I might get in the spirit tonight! =]|||christmas feelings happen almost year round with all the reminders and advertising and how it is already in the stores!





And the build up is the good part,and when the day comes it sometimes feels christmas already has come with all the good christmas moments.|||I start in November. If I could I'd get my tree now, and deck the house out. I love this time of year. Everything is festive, and colorful. People are nicer. But, alas, I don't want to be the crazy lady on the block so I'll wait and be content with my Christmas radio for now.|||i LOVE christmas,its the best thing ever,i'm already playin xmas songs as i write,as soon as it starts getting cold and it gets dark early thats when it starts to feel christmassy for me,i'd love to put my decs up now but i dont wanna spoil it,so i'll wait till the last weekend in november.


everyone at work says i'm sad when i sing xmas songs and they all moan about xmas but its just them who are sad the miserable sods..





let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....|||I agree :)





It kind of already feels like everyone's getting ready for Christmas, even though Thanksgiving isn't even here yet..





I love going Christmas shopping more than anything :) It's so festive and great just to be walking around with bags with warm jackets on and seeing all the decorations in the mall :D|||The beginning of December.


When everyone has the decorations up, and the street decorations are up, the shops are all Christmassy with Christmas music.


You can feel it in the air.





xx|||Yes, me too. It's around the beginning of December that I feel Christmas is around the corner.





I also enjoy the build-up of Christmas much more than Christmas itself.


|||Christmas eve when I am getting everything ready for christmas day and I am wrapping the last of the presents with a glass or 3 of baileys and listening to christmas carols|||a month before December, i start with the tree, the decorations, looking for songs, etc.|||I really only get properly into the festive spirit on Christmas Eve when i close my shop and head home to Scotland to see my family. Its the only holiday I get all year so I CANT WAIT!!|||December 1st, cause all of a sudden Thanksgiving is offically over, and Christmas is next!|||im already in the spirit!!! but i start hanging lights and getting out decorations the day after thanksgiving! i love christmas it really is the most wonderful time of the year!!|||Right after Thanksgiving. That's when everyone starts obsessing over it, and all of the new things come into the department stores... Christmas rocks :)|||beginning of December too. yes i like the build up to xmas it a nice atmosphere.|||right now...


they have the christmas lights up at the shopping center


and there is so x-mas things to buy!





i cant help it |||Around the beginning of December for me too.|||The night before.


I don't celebrate Christmas.|||I'm already in the spirit and I have no idea why. I'm ready to decorate now! :) But I'll wait awhile lol|||During the Macy's Thanksgiving day Parade. |||about two weeks before Christmas. :)|||I don't at all. I find the stores start too early (especially this year) and it just puts me right OUT of the spirit.





|||I start drinking heavy again on Jan the 2nd..|||november|||Never hits me until the day before. Not even bdays or anything else|||Christmas Eve. lol |||day after Thanksgiving lol


i LOVE black friday|||i hate christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment