Saturday, August 20, 2011

How can I find places that are offering children to adopt for Christmas?

I live in Florida and am interested in "adopting" needy children (giving them new clothing, toys, etc.) for Christmas. I know the Salvation Army is offering an Adopt a Child for Christmas program at our local mall, but I've adopted six children from this program this year and would like to perhaps find other programs/children that are in need of something for Christmas. Does anyone know of any websites I could check out that would point me in the right direction as to how to locate programs that are offering adults the ability to "adopt" a child for Christmas?|||Check with local battered womens shelters and if you have Hospice in your area check with them.





Hospice is an organization that provides care to the terminally ill and grief care to the familys of ill patients, you might be able to help out children who have recently lost a parent or someone close during the holidays.





also look into adopting an senior citizen. thats what I did last year and got her some slippers and a phonecard to call her family cuz she couldnt afford to.





I also must say kudos to you for making such a wonderful difference! :)





oh and I forgot to meantion that I found the senior citizen adoption at a local department store on a christmas tree display where you would buy the present at the store and give it to the store to wrap and deliever to them.|||Maybe you should check with local schools or churches, they usually have similar types of programs.|||Children as a Christmas present... What a great Idea... God Bless.|||http://www.savechildren.net/espon/


http://www.christianchildrensfund.org/sp鈥?/a>


http://www.savethechildren.org/|||It is important to go to an agency like Salvation army, Catholic Charities, and others. As coordinator of the adopt-a-family at my work here in California , there can be problems with individuals that are exploitative or greedy. Please go through an agency that has screened the participants very carefully. We all want to make some lives a little softer and easier this holiday season. But, we do not want to play into the hands of thieves.|||I love children but I couldn't eat a whole one!! Try a turkey instead

No comments:

Post a Comment